Status of our operations
National Steel Car continues to monitor the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and the evolving news around it. Our top priority is the health and safety of our people, customers, suppliers and partners.We take the role of our essential service very seriously during these difficult times and will ensure all provincial and federal guidelines are followed while resuming production in the coming weeks, starting on May 4th.
We are taking numerous actions to ensure the health and safety of our people, which include the following measures:
- Mandatory use of face masks as of May 4th,
- Mandatory temperature check of each employee at the Main Gate as of May 4th,
- Staggering shift start times and lunch breaks to support Social Distancing,
- Enhanced cleaning protocols for our facilities, with a focus on high traffic and contact areas;
- Increased hand sanitization stations throughout the facility;
- Posted hand washing instructions throughout the facility;
- Posted Self-Monitoring, Self-Isolation and Isolation briefing from the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) throughout the facility;
- Suspended non-essential visitor access to our facility and are monitoring any essential service providers entering the plant and requiring their disclosure of any travel within the last 14 days or if they are symptomatic; and
- All meetings are to be conducted via teleconferencing but if meeting must be conducted in person, a maximum of 6 participants are permitted while maintaining physical distance of 6 feet
- We are communicating daily with employees via safety briefings, emphasizing PHAC recommendations, including promoting social distancing during breaks and entry and exiting to/from the facility.
We would like to thank you for your trust and partnership as we navigate this situation together. It is imperative that everyone remains calm in these difficult times. If you have any questions or concerns, contact your supervisor or the HR department.
We will continue to provide updates as they occur.