Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter and independent multitasker a requirement
- Diploma in a technical / mechanical design field
- Bachelor level degree is an asset
- 6-10 years experience with Heavy Manufacturing / Railcar Manufacturing
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Estimating and drafting skills
- Welding and parts inspection experience
- Purchasing and vendor selection / evaluation experience
- Experience / ability to work in a fast pace manufacturing environment
Successful candidate for the position of Manager – Aftermarket Parts will be responsible for the complete aftermarket and warrantee parts program. The position involves overseeing the selection of vendors and facilitating the fabrication / construction of various railcar parts to service the customer’s requirements.
Experience in heavy manufacturing is mandatory and a B.A. or Diploma level education in a technical / mechanical field is a strong asset, specifically in the field of engineering. Responsibilities include providing quality aftermarket railcar parts to NSC customers. The successful candidate will report to the Vice President of Manufacturing.